I don't know about you - but sometimes I find it near impossible to take good photos of food... this is one of those times (so was last nights dinner - but that is a whole other story!).
Tonight I made Potato Wedges with Avocado Dip - from scratch. It didn't take too long, and the end result was rather tasty. I took it out of the oven a little before it got to the totally crispy browned stage, mainly because the little people in the house were hungry and needed their dinner (Mental note: start dinner earlier). I have made This several times before, and it ALWAYS gets eaten without there being anything left on the plate.
Here is the recipe...
6 - 8 medium/large potatoes
1 - 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil.
1.5 teaspoons Season All
1. Pre- heat oven to 240 deg C (220 deg C fan forced. Peel 6 - 8 medium/large potatoes. Cut them into wedges, and steam till they are JUST cooked. (I use the pressure cooker to steam mine as it is faster).
2. Place 3/4 tsp of Season All in a large Freezer Bag with 1 Tbs of Olive Oil. Mix. Add half the amount of potato.
3. Twist bag shut (so the oil won't leak out) and gently roll the bag around in your hands till the potatoes are covered with salt/oil mix.
4. Pour out and arrange on baking paper on an oven tray.
5. Add remaining oil, season all, and potatoes and repeat steps 3 and 4.
6. Cook till potatoes are crispy medium-light brown. (approx 25 mins)
While wedges are cooking, make Avocado Cream.
1 medium sized ripe avocado.
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 - 3 Tbs sour cream
salt to taste (optional)
Place all ingredients in container suitable for mixing with a Bamix food or place in food processor. Blend well.
Serve in a bowl and add as desired to personal plates with sweet chilli sauce.
A similar recipe can be found in the Healthy Fast Food (1995) recipe book by Sanitarium Health Food Company.