The difference this time was that I made them small. Teeny tiny by patty standards actually. About the size of a twenty cent piece, actually, they were a bit smaller than that. They take forever to shape when they are that small, let me tell you, but they were SO worth it! They didn't last very long on the table and even the birthday boy and his sweet little friend (who is six weeks younger) gobbled them up in a very short space of time.
So whip out your ingredients (or pop to the shop if you need to) and get cooking!
Cottage Cheese and Brown Rice Patties
2 Cups cooked, day old, brown rice
500g (2 cups) cottage cheese
1 packet French Onion soup mix
2 eggs, beaten
Olive oil (Just enough to pan fry with.)
1. Pre-cook the brown rice the day before according to the instructions on the packet. I use the absorption method.
2. Quarter an onion and place it in your food processor (you can grate it if you don’t have one). Add the eggs and turn on food processor till the onion is finely chopped and the eggs are beaten (unorthodox, but it’s quick and it works!)
3. Place rice, cottage cheese, French Onion soup, and the egg/onion mix to your mixing bowl and mix till combined.
4. Shape into patties, and roll in bread crumbs.
5. Fry till golden brown. Set aside on a tray lined with kitchen paper to drain any excess oil off.
Nifty Thrifty Sunday