They were delish. They were better than delish. They were scrummy (does anyone else besides me use that word? You know, scrumptious and yummy smooshed together?)! Aaaannnnndddd... they were gluten free and dairy free! (My brother reacts to both, so I like to cook things that he can eat).
So you know you want to make some now, don't you. Pick up the printable version of the recipe using the link or read on for more info.
Button Sized Impossible Quiche
Gluten and Dairy Free options listed
3 - 4 Eggs (depending on the egg size)
½ Cup Self Raising Flour (I used gluten free)
¼ Cup Melted Butter or Margarine (I used Nutalex)
1 ½ cups milk (I used Lite So Good, a soy milk)
The fun stuff:
This can be varied, depending on the flavour you are hungering for.
½ Cup of small, diced Pumpkin. Sauteed.
½ Cup of finely chopped Spanish Olives
1 Onion, finely diced and sauteed.
8 or more semi-sun dried Tomato halves, diced.
A little olive oil to saute with.
1. Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare mini muffin pans (or whatever you are using).
3. Prepare the fun stuff. I sauteed the onion, and the pumpkin (separately) in about 1 tsp of Olive Oil and set them aside.
4. Mix the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl (I was lazy and used my Kenwood Chef)
5. Add the fun stuff.
6. Bake at 150 deg C for about 10 minutes, or until golden looking and springs back to the touch. Let cool in pan.
Serve these on a plate for a party or pop some in your kid's lunch box's - you'll be one popular Mum!