Friday, March 11, 2011
Today for lunch I made savoury muffins with a "recipe" that I got from my MIL. It tends to change each time either of us make it, but the standard for me is listed below.
Sun dried Tomato & Olive Muffins
1 1/2 cups Self Raising flour
1/2 cup oil (I use the flavoured oil off the sun dried tomatoes)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp dried basil (you can use fresh if you like)
1 small onion finely chopped
3/4 cup grated cheese
Additives - Sun dried tomato, chopped small
- 1/2 cup Olives, chopped small
- 1/2 red capsicum (Roast this, peel and chop)
- 1 Tbs finely chopped chives or chalotts
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C. (or about 170 deg C fan forced). Cook onion in the microwave till just done (add a little water to it so it doesn't dry out - you will need to drain this before you add it to the mix).
2. Mix SR flour, oil, milk, egg and basil together. Add onion, cheese, olives and sundried tomatoes (or what ever combination of the additives you like) and mix till combined.
3. Spoon into muffin cases in a muffin tray (Saves you having to prize them out of the tin, and they look prettier).
4. Bake for 20 - 25 mins or till golden brown.
As you can imagine, they didn't last very long! Little Clam (who is now 16 months old) decided that Mummy didn't need to take any more pictures (note the fingers pulling the plate of yummy-ness away)... but he DID need to eat one!
P.S. If you give them a go, let me know how you do (or if my instructions are a bit hazy).